22 September 2005

On vacation in Hawaii...

...I had a chance to do some good thinking about the business. One conclusion I came to is that, while Wavelength will probably never make enough money to pay all my bills, I'll still keep it going, as a side project at the least. The whole thing has been so enjoyable - learning how to start a business, designing the shirts and getting them printed, selling them over the 'net and in person. I've probably sold between 200 and 300 shirts at this point, so they're out in the world, being worn by people who want to spread the message...and that's enjoyable, too.

Anyway, it's easy to reflect when you're chillin' in a setting like the big island of Hawaii. At first I was surprised by the island's terrain, much of which consists of flat, desert-like expanses and fields of black lava rock. But the beauty of these areas grew on me, and the island offers lots of beach and jungle, too. Here's a small sampling of big island beauty...