16 September 2005

I'm heading off to the big island of Hawaii...

...for a week-long trip that will culminate in my friends' wedding on Saturday, Sept. 24. While I'm looking forward to the trip - my first real vacation in a while - I can't help being a little bummed about the timing. The day of the wedding happens to be a massive day of anti-war protesting across the country, and if I wasn't already booked, I would be representing Wavelength Clothing in Washington, DC, where hundreds of thousands of protesters are expected.

Being in DC would be a great business opportunity and also a lot of fun. I think my shirts would play well, even if I was simply wandering around on foot and selling them out of a backpack. More importantly, I think the atmosphere would be incredible. Hundreds of thousands of people brought together by their passionate disdain for war? I've never had the chance to participate in an event like that, and I think I would really enjoy it.

But there are only so many days on the calendar, and it'll be great to see my friends Chris and Maggie tie the knot. In addition, my parents have volunteered to set up the Wavelength Clothing booth at San Diego's anti-war rally on the 24th, so with their experiences and their t-shirt sales, I'll feel like I got at least a piece of the action.