10 June 2005

My next 3 designs are ready and look good...

...so I've ordered 120 each of the Wackwear line, though I suspect that at least 2 or 3 of these designs might not sell very well. My thinking, however, is that I need to take advantage of the cost savings – and I bolster this argument by also telling myself that if Wavelength is a long-term success, the shirts will eventually sell, even if it takes a long time.

Update on 23 August 2005: Within a couple of months I would regret starting with such large orders, as it turns out that 2 or 3 of the designs would hardly sell at all in my opening months – and I would end up missing the big gob of cash I spent on the designs’ large runs when funds would start running low. I decide that I will not start with such large runs in the future, even if it means facing some higher per-shirt costs initially; with my limited capital, I can’t afford to invest close to $1000 in a 120-shirt order without testing the design’s market potency first.