31 May 2005

One month into the new venture...

...and not a whole lot has gone down. I've got the So Money shirts printed, and I'm waiting on 3 more shirts to come from the print shop. After that, I'll have to get the WackWear collection printed before I'm ready to "open" my Internet storefront.

With that opening in mind, I've begun tinkering with Yahoo's free web design program, Sitebuilder, and with the online Store Manager that comes as part of my web package with SBC/Yahoo. Because I was already an SBC client for my apartment phone's line, I get a nice discount on the SBC/Yahoo package...for $30 a month, they provide me with the domain name and the hosting services required to have a storefront on the Internet. The credit card processing company they're partnered with charges another $20 a month, bringing the total monthly cost to $50. (I should mention that both SBC/Yahoo and the credit card processor take a percentage of sales, as well...those commissions add up to about 4% of revenues, in addition to the monthly $50.)