20 May 2005

After a slow Friday afternoon bike ride...

...with a buddy through nearby Mission Beach and Pacific Beach, I stopped in at the screenprinting shop and picked up the So Money shirts, which looked good. I gave an XL to my friend, telling him that he would be the first person in history to receive a Wavelength Clothing shirt, and that he should be honored. He humored me with a little faux excitement.

When I got the shirts home, I undertook the meticulous task of folding all 120 of them, sorting them by size, and packing them away. I had decided to use 68-liter storage bins (each about the size of the freezer on a standard fridge) for storage. Each bin held about 40 shirts, so after an hour of folding, sorting, and packing, the So Money line was safely stored in 3 bins in my garage.

All the folding and sorting and whatnot allowed me to get a good look at all 120 shirts, and I noted that the shop did a very good job. I went back and gave them 3 more designs - the rest of what I've decided to call the "King George" collection - ordering 120 shirts in each design. As I wait for the shirts over the next couple weeks, I will finalize the five designs I've come up with for my "WackWear" collection and also begin to design the Wavelength Clothing website.