12 October 2005

While visiting San Francisco last week...

...I brought the Wavelength Clothing booth to a Sunday afternoon festival in the city's Excelsior neighborhood. People seemed to like my shirts, and I sold about 15 of them, but the best part of day was sitting back and absorbing the Excelsior's flavor.

From my spot near the stage where the festival's musical acts performed, I watched an incredible range of people pass in front of me. In general, it was a diverse blend of whites, blacks, hispanics, and asians. More specifically, I saw a group of Spanish nuns in gray and white habits, an elderly woman walking effortlessly on 10-foot high stilts, an Aztec warrior dancing troop, the Balboa High School Marching Band, and a terrific Filipino rapper named Kiwi, from a duo called Native Guns.

Overall, it was a magical day in one of those personality-laden neighborhoods that make San Francisco such an amazing town. I was even located near the free cotton candy stand, so there were lots of very happy kids all over the place. And, as you can see in the picture at right, the lady in the booth next to me had the cutest little girl I've ever seen.