13 July 2005

Got a very interesting email last week...

...here it is:

>Sent: Friday, July 08, 2005 6:18 PM
>To: help@wavelengthclothing.com
>Subject: wholesale

>Dear wavelength
>I own a caffe in hollywood where I think your shirts would kill. My
>caffe is located in the hottest new area in hollywood. Is it possible
>for me to carry your line in my caffe. It's *snip* in Hollywood.
>Check us out. Maybe we can get something going for you.

So I called the guy...he seems legit, and he's very enthusiastic about the shirts, so I'm going to cruise up to Hollywood and drop off a dozen shirts in each of the Lies, So Money, Wanker, WMD Fool, and W is for Wack designs.

I'm eager to have my shirts on sale in Hollywood (seems like the perfect hip hotspot and all that) so I suggested we do a consignment deal, where I drop the shirts off and come back in a month or so, collecting money for all that have sold. I get a good vibe from the guy - and I know both his business and home address - so I'm comfortable with the deal. Overall, he's taking five dozen shirts at a substantially discounted price, and he plans on selling the shirts for $21 each.

It'll certainly be interesting to see how this goes.