11 December 2005

Gauging public opinion with a poll...

...was something I should have done before printing a single t-shirt. Last week I set up a web poll that asked people to look at some potential new designs and tell me which, if any, they or someone they know might purchase. Sure enough, the results surprised me: one of the two top vote-getters was the "Liberal" design at right, which I thought would be too contentious for most people's taste.

The other top finisher was "Remain Ignorant," with my favorite new design - "Word Up G" - coming in third. Each of the top three designs was approved by at least one-third of the people who voted, so I'll keep them in mind as potential future shirts. I'll hang on to the other designs, too, but they didn't poll well so I doubt they'll see the light of day.